Saturday 9 June 2012

Motivation and To-Do Lists

I'm finding it slightly difficult to know what to post on here, not because I've got nothing to write about, but because I'm sort of lacking the motivation to get on with a lot of the projects I've got in mind. I know I'm not the only one who does this sort of thing; Tasha from by gum, by golly! recently wrote a post on getting over a crafting slump, and there were plenty of replies saying they'd had much the same sort of thing as well.


I've been thinking about why in particular I'm lacking motivation, and I think it's just because I'm a bit burnt out by all the things that've been going on in my life lately (and all the things I've got to do over the next few weeks). There's been so much been going on that I haven't had any time to just relax and do my own thing; but now that I have a bit of respite rather than doing these things I want to do I seem to just end up vegetating. So... I've decided that what I really need is to just make myself motivated, and the best way to do that is to just get on with it, even if it's just with small stuff.

So the other day, whilst I was watching Silk (a really good drama about life at the Bar), I did a bit of  hand sewing, and made a couple of stuffed felt shapes. It's not my usual kind of project, but it was actually quite fun, and for once I felt productive, even if there isn't any real use for them haha!


I'm also drawing up a to-do list; mainly things I've already started or have had in mind for a while now, although I'm sure to add to it as I go along. I'll have it up sometime this week and hopefully it'll provide a bit of much needed motivation for me :)

I think I'm going to try stealing Casey's idea  from Tasha's post; trying to do a little bit at a time is a whole lot better than procrastinating because I can't stand the idea of a huge project all at once. I'm not sure I'll ever actually manage to stick to doing a little bit every day, but maybe every week is at least a start, right?
 
Have you ever have trouble motivating yourself to do sewing/crafting projects? Any tips on how you work through it?

No comments:

Post a Comment